There are NO limitations to your possibilities. Make your thoughts as wonderful and extraordinary as YOU are, and see the transformation that occurs. Inner Knowledge is now available in print. It can enrich your quality of life, open up new possibilities, and strengthen your resilience to deal with daily challenges. You don’t have to practice yoga or dedicate hours of your time to reap the benefits!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
You learn how to:
Bring complete attention to the present
Monitor your reactions
Project thoughts free from judgment, criticism, and hostility
Calm the mind and breath
Live with intention
Generate a positive life
Create your future through visualization
Develop higher knowledge and intuition
Obtain answers that you seek
Promote a sense of well-being
Open the heart center
Happiness
A multitude of benefits await you in addition to the ones mentioned above. Meditation enables you to experience life joyfully and fully by heightening your awareness, promoting a positive mindset, and providing you with the tools that you need to cope with the unexpected events that life reveals when you least expect it. Happiness should not be an effort but be an outward reflection of the real happiness that you feel on the inside.
When someone that you meet is troubled or anxious, are they helped if you are miserable too? Of course not. They are helped if they see hope, peace, and light radiating from you. Your empathy for someone’s situation should in no way diminish the light that shines within you. Meditation keeps you connected to the source of happiness and keeps “topping you up” so to speak. In this way, you gain all of the benefits mentioned above, and are able to share them.
Life is a gift and gifts are to be enjoyed.
Affirmations
Affirmations reinforce not only the benefits received but also your goals and you can create your own affirmations by simply asking yourself what you need. If you are unsure of what to ask, clarity often arises following your meditation practice.
Choose an affirmation that feels appropriate for your particular needs today.
Examples include:
I am provided for
I always receive everything that is for my highest good
I am divinely guided in all I do
I am open to receive the abundance that God has for me
I have all that I need
Reflection
Your happiness resides within you and like a mirror your joy reflects on others too. Gloomy thoughts and feelings have no effect on your mood even if they are projected to you by other people. Insensitive comments bounce off you and while your heart opens and your empathy grows, you become a beacon of light shining on everyone and everything in your world.
Your growing awareness helps you to consciously reflect the peace and happiness that you feel inside and in time you will see this peace in the faces of others.
Let the benefits of meditation grow and multiply each time you complete your meditation practice and as they uplift you, you will be a tower of strength to everyone you come into contact with.
Labels:
affirmations,
Awareness,
Concentration,
happiness,
Meditation,
Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this page..... very soothing:-)
ReplyDeleteThank you,
ReplyDeleteI hope that your life continues to be soothed too.
So simply you explained the benefits of meditation,thanks a lot.
ReplyDeleteI am also on a journey to find the inner peace and happiness. I am happy I get friend like you in this journey as guide.
Let our soul touch each other and we see the divine light.
God bless.
alwayswinner - thanks for your comments. It is indeed a great journey that we are all on.
ReplyDeleteI will be attending the Guru Purnima celebrations & Hanuman Mahotsav in Dallas in July and will present on the healing of sound at the Symphony of Yoga conference that will be held during this period.
I will share my experiences upon my return.